About Daisy’s Circle
What is Daisy’s Circle?
Named after Girl Scout founder Juliette “Daisy” Gordon Low, Daisy’s Circle is Girl Scouts of Colorado’s monthly giving program designed to cultivate philanthropy among friends, members and volunteers of Girl Scouts. Funds raised through Daisy’s Circle provide financial assistance for girls and volunteers, support Outreach Programs and more. Girl Scouts of Colorado provides roughly $125,000 in financial assistance annually, 26% is currently funded by Daisy’s Circle members. It is our goal to grow Daisy’s Circle enough to fully fund this need.
- $25 a month provides annual membership for 12 girls
- $35 a month helps one girl attend a week at camp
- $50 a month provides uniforms, Journey books and pins for one new troop
Why should I join Daisy’s Circle?
It’s easy and even small monthly gifts from a large number of donors make a BIG impact! Monthly Daisy’s Circle donors at every level are financially invested in Girl Scouts of Colorado for the benefit of girls throughout the state. By making a financial contribution, supporters help to create a sustainable base of individual giving and reduce Council reliance on earnings from product sales.
How does Daisy’s Circle work?
Join online or by phone to 303.607.4879 to set up monthly donations by credit card or bank withdrawal. Paper pledge forms available upon request. Once enrolled, donations are processed automatically. Supporters can join Daisy’s Circle for as little as $15/month (that’s less than monthly coffee!) There is no maximum, donors with gifts of $100+/month are also enrolled in an annual giving society. Donations are tax-deductible to the fullest extent of the law. Annual tax receipts are mailed in January.
Are there membership benefits?
- Donors $15-$30/month receive a membership pin, special Daisy’s Circle patch, periodic retail offers and a subscription to Daisy’s Circle member monthly enewsletters;
- $31-$99/month receives the above, plus reusable tote;
- $100+/month and Founding 100 receive the above, plus an exclusive gift.
What is the Daisy’s Circle Founding 100?
In celebration of the launch of Daisy's Circle, the first 100 people who joined have been named the Founding 100. As early advocates of the program, Founding 100 members receive special recognition in addition to regular Daisy's Circle benefits.
How is staff involved in Daisy’s Circle?
Fifteen staff members are members of the Internal Champions. The Internal Champions work on the development and marketing of Daisy’s Circle. The majority of Girl Scouts of Colorado staff are Daisy's Circle members because they believe in the power of Girl Scouts.
I already give through my workplace campaign. Is this similar?
Yes, just like a workplace campaign run by United Way, CFC (Combined Federal Campaign) or CCC (Colorado Combined Campaign), Daisy’s Circle offers the opportunity to sign up for a monthly deduction. Instead of your paycheck, your deduction may come from either a bank account or credit card (some people use this as an opportunity to gain points or miles!).
Can I designate my gift to a specific event, troop or purpose?
While gifts designated to a specific purpose are greatly appreciated, Daisy’s Circle donations are accepted as unrestricted gifts. By supporting general operating, you are directly supporting our core mission and strengthening our organization. General operating funds provide opportunity grants which provide the Girl Scout Leadership experience to girls who may not otherwise be able to participate.
Give in Honor
Not sure what to give your daughter, mother, or friend for her birthday or in recognition of a special accomplishment? Give them a Daisy's Circle membership! Learn more
Can Girl Scout troops be Daisy's Circle members?
Yes! The troop membership was created as a direct result of troops ASKING to be members! Troops make monthly donations from their troop bank accounts because they love Girl Scouts and want other girls to have the opportunity to be Girl Scouts too. Troops are given suggestions about how they can learn about philathropy and budgeting. Becoming a Daisy's Circle Troop Member can help with badge work. Sign your troop up now.
I love Daisy's Circle! How else can I help?
- Tell your friends about Daisy's Circle.
- Tell your coworkers about Daisy's Circle or invite us to attend a company event.
- Invite us to present at your Service Unit or Troop Meeting, conference or professional association meeting.
- Request materials to distribute to friends and family.
- Host your own Daisy's Circle engagement event
- Already a Daisy's Circle Member? Join the Daisy's Circle Internal Champions. Internal Champions are Girl Scouts of Colorado staff, Board of Director members and other supporters working to grow Daisy's Circle.
- Submit stories or videos describing why you are a Daisy's Circle member or a video that illustrates the impact of Girl Scouts on your troop or daughter. Stories and videos may be used to promtoe the impact of Daisy's Circle.
Carol.Griffin@gscolorado.org or 303.607.4879.